Annual Social Justice Award
The Social Planning Council Oxford (SPCO) hands out an annual Social Justice Award to recognize those who devote their time and energy to the pursuit of social justice in Oxford County. The award celebrates those who work for social change and provide services to marginalized members of our society.
- There is a clear impact on the community that can be attributed to the work of the individual or group.
- The work of this individual or group is either ongoing or was conducted for a considerable period of time.
- Must show a commitment to social justice in times of crises.
- Trailblazer in matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the context of organizational change, community engagement, and/or social transformation.
- Works, volunteers, and/or lives in Oxford County.
Nominations are currently being accepted for 2022. People can be nominated by completing the application by April 22, 2022.
Become a Board Member
The Board consists of 7 to 13 voting members who live or work in Oxford County. Members do not have to be part of the community services sector, but must show a genuine interest and skill set appropriate to represent the community and social issues perspective. You can view our current Board here.
Components of Board Membership:
- The standard term of office is two years with members able to serve consecutive terms.
- Typically 10 board meetings are held each year.
- Involved in periodic strategic planning sessions.
New applications to the Board of Directors are continually being accepted. Check out the board volunteer posting here.
Social Planning Council Oxford
447 Hunter Street
Woodstock, ON Canada
phone: (226) 228-0539
The goal of the Social Planning Council Oxford is to bring people together to actively participate in social development to improve the quality of life of Oxford County residents.